Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Kanchiu Files

Hi! I'm Fran otherwise known as Frannywanny to the blogging community. I've started blogging as early as year 2001 as a young college student who made use of her blog to pour out her inner thoughts and to share her day-to-day experience as she goes through University life. Later on, I found my passion in food and travel that prompted me to open Frannywanny to the world.

Not so long ago, I took on another role...that of a bride-to-be to the man of my dreams. In less than 90 days, I will be walking down the aisle as we make our vow in front of God and our loved ones that we will love each other for the rest of our lives.

This will be a new chapter for us and boy are we excited!

What's in a Name? 

Kanchiu, means wedding in Chinese. I am a Filipino-Chinese bride-to-be who, on top of preparing for my big day also practices the age-old traditions that my parents, grandparents and ancestors went through during their own wedding preparations. There's that mind-boggling process of choosing the right date, the Ting Hun and a lot more.


This blog aims to help fellow Filipino-Chinese (Fil-Chi) Brides-to-be like myself to understand the different rituals and must-knows in order to make their own wedding preparation an easy ride.

Welcome to The Kanchiu Files.

No comments: